January 30, 2016
After discussion at the January 11th meeting, it was decided that Shane Sealy and attorney David Ozburn would work on a text amendment for Special Events in the agriculture districts of Jasper County. This proposed amendment was supposed to be brought back to the BOC on February 1st according to what was said at that meeting.
After putting out the blog on Wednesday, January 27th to alert people to this issue, Shane Sealy called to say that all that was changed now. Mr. Sealy said Dr. Bennett will be writing the text amendment now, and it will be presented at the P&Z meeting on February 25th at 7:00PM. It will then be heard by the BOC on March 7th at their regular board meeting.
The BOC meeting has very limited items on the posted agenda. If nothing is added, here is what the BOC will be discussing Monday night February 1st at 6:00PM.
- Bethel Church Road rumble strips—Comm. Salmon brings this up at every meeting. Despite the fact there has not been one wreck at Bethel Church Rd. & Hwy 212 W since the rumble strips were installed, Comm. Salmon doesn’t like them and wants something done about them.
- Railroad tracks.—The agenda is so vague, we have no idea what this is about.
- Fiscal Agent – Family Connection
- FY 2017 Budget Calendar Review and Approval—The BOC will start discussing the FY17 budget even though the FY15 audit is not yet complete (end of year June 30, 2015 with audit due 12/31/15).
- Discussion on Driveway Culvert Pipe—Again agenda is vague and people have no way of knowing what this is about.
Vague and changing agendas are always the best way to keep the people in the dark.
Citizens, be informed and stay informed! Only by being informed can the citizens understand what is being done and talked about, and then press our officials to make good decisions for everyone in Jasper County. That is our goal with the Taxdogs blog.