October 1, 2017
The BOC meetings have become nothing more than voting to spend money. Case in point, tomorrow night’s BOC agenda with over $400,000 of requests. It is doubtful any will be denied.
- Discussion on New 4-H Vehicle—Cost -approx. $45,000+
- Barr Bridge Abutment Repair Bid Results-$168,000 to $198,000 with $69,000 of that figure for “traffic control.”
- Goolsby Rd Paving Bid Results—2.2 miles—no bids figures listed
- Request to Purchase ADA Compliant Van with Wheelchair Lift – Senior Center-Cost- approx. $51,500
- Request to Increase Budget for Janitorial Services for Senior Center- Cost-$3900
- Request to Purchase a Storage Building with 2012 SPLOST Funds – Senior Center-Cost $3850
- 911 Service Communications System Update—Cost $35,229
- Triple Point Engineering Landfill Compliance & Engineering Consulting Services Proposal – Kent McCormick—Cost – $64,150 per year PLUS additional for consultation, etc.
Total costs to be considered Monday, October 2, 2017 = $401,629 plus Goolsby Road cost.
Citizens, be informed and stay informed! Only by being informed, can the citizens understand what is being done and talked about, and then press our officials to make good decisions for everyone in Jasper County. That is our goal with the Taxdogs blog.